Monday, September 5, 2011

Love Satisfies

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (KJV)

But I often do. Want that is. Wants and needs are funny things, and I often confuse the two. I’m familiar with a need-something I must have to live; like food, shelter, water and clothing. And God has promised to supply these for his children. A want on the other hand is something I don’t have to have to live but think I do. A better car. A larger house. A higher paying job. Someone other than my spouse. A substance to help me get by. A position at church. God has never obligated himself to give me any wants though he often does if they don’t violate his nature or plan for me. The good news is that since he’s my shepherd, I don’t have to want and I will not lack. His love will give me everything I need to live and serve him.
(photo courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment