Wednesday, May 11, 2016

As Industrious as Ants - Martin Wiles

Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! Proverbs 6:6 NLT

Though only a block away, it was too far for him to walk. 

The year my son began high school, we moved to a rented home just across the street. All he had to do was walk out the front door, cross the road, and immediately he would be on the school grounds. I thought, This will be convenient. I didn’t know my son. Although a hard worker now, he wasn’t the most industrious person then. He didn’t care to walk. I’d rather ride the bus, he said. And he did. Instead of walking a block, he chose to board the bus at 6 a.m. 

Neither did he care to walk home. He chose to ride the bus again and not get home until 5 p. m. In my mind, it was the epitome of laziness. Why would one want to be gone from the house for 11 hours when it only had to be seven? Had he walked home, he could have had his homework completed earlier. And had he walked to school, he could have slept for another hour. 

I’ve never observed a lazy ant. Had they been, my yard would not have been infested, I wouldn’t have gotten stung, and I wouldn’t have had to spend untold dollars on ant poison. Ants are continually working…gathering food…building mounds. 

My parents weren’t lazy and didn’t allow me to be. From an early age, I was given chores. As a result, I became an industrious adult and passed along the same lessons to my two children—though it took a while for them to stick in at least one of them. 

God’s work has no room for laziness. Jesus says the harvest is plentiful. There are millions who need to hear about Him and millions more who need a closer and more serious walk with Him. God has given believers the task of changing the world…of actually turning it upside down by permeating it with a different kind of love—His love. Time is slipping away. His coming is nearer than it was. The need is urgent. Laziness won’t accomplish the task. 

If God’s work for you is just across the road, don’t take the bus. Walk the block. 

Prayer: Father, give us the desire to be eager to do Your Kingdom’s work.

Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  






Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment