Thursday, May 21, 2015

Road Signs - Alisha Ritchie

You make known to me the path of life. Psalm 16:11 NIV

My fourteen year old son is getting ready to take driver’s education at school. When we drive together, I make an extra effort to point out road signs and discuss their meanings. I hope this will give my son an extra edge when he actually gets into the driving class. As a “seasoned” driver, I tend to forget how important the signs are and take them for granted. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if I had road signs to help me navigate life? “Curve Ahead” would signify trials that may lead me off the straight path. “Stop” signs would encourage me to slow down or stop so I don’t live my life in such a rush, missing God’s beauty all around me. “No U-Turns” would remind me not to live in the past but rather focus on my future hope in Jesus Christ. No matter the sign, each one would steer me in the appropriate direction.

God and His word act as road signs, guiding me in the right direction. Sometimes His signs are harder to see than at other times, but I’m confident He’s always there to direct me. Often, I think I can do life on my own and have everything under control. I sometimes neglect seeking God’s advice and will. That’s when the road becomes treacherous, and I get lost because of my own stubbornness. Losing my way is painful, but God promises He will be there to guide me. My focus must be on Him so I can read the road signs He has laid out for me.

You may also be traveling down a difficult road. Perhaps you long for the crystal clear road signs telling you what to do and where to go. Be encouraged. God will steer you in the right direction if you trust Him. Seek Him in all situations. He will not let you down. Pray diligently for discernment to recognize the road signs God puts along your path. They will route you to your final destination and give you abundant peace.

Alisha Ritchie is a wife, mother of two wonderful children, Physical Therapy Assistant by profession, and dedicated church member and Sunday School teacher. She resides in the small town of Stanfield, North Carolina, where she enjoys writing, spending time with her children, and ministering to others through her work and small group Bible studies. You can read other devotions she has written on www.christiandevotions.us.



______________________________


Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment