Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Throwback Tuesday - Martin Wiles

Gassed By God

Green isn’t their ripened color, but every produce department seems to prefer it.

I like yellow bananas, but producers pick and ship them green to retailers. I don’t like raw tomatoes, but even if I did I couldn’t enjoy them knowing what happens to ripen them. They too are picked green and then sprayed with carbon dioxide prior to shipping for rapid ripening. 

The process benefits farmers and retailers, but I’ve heard too many people say, “There’s nothing like a vine ripened tomato.” Artificial measures interfere with God’s natural ripening process, resulting in diminished flavor and faster than normal decomposition. Read more...

______________________________


Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines. Share this devotion with a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment