Friday, July 11, 2014

Flashback Friday by Martin Wiles

WELCOME TO FLASHBACK FRIDAY...BECAUSE WE THINK EVERY DEVOTION DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE. 

Three Strikes…Not Out

I met him on a cool November morning at an office building in Burlington, Vermont. It was just above freezing outside, but he sat snuggly in his chair with the window half open. He didn’t look like the average preacher-long hair, t-shirt, jeans. 

Dave Russell is the founder of Burlington Street Ministries and works with the homeless, runaways, college agnostics and prostitutes. He has a few strikes against him but God uses him to pass out Bibles, feed and clothe the homeless and tell everyone about Jesus’ love. After 37 years, the ministry remains strong. Read more...

Enter to win a free copy of my newest book, Grits & Grace & God. Visit the following link and sign up: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/99040-grace-grits-god-manna-from-heaven-served-up-southern-style

2 comments:

  1. Stopping my from the Missional Women link-up. I read the rest of the post. I can only imagine if I had been counted out after making mistakes countless times. Grace and forgiveness is amazing and I'm so thankful that Christ and others have offered it to me. Thanks for sharing and the encouraging words today!

    ReplyDelete