Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Power of Praise-The Need Meeter by Martin Wiles

Series: The Power of Praise

Times were strenuous. My wife and I were in an unpleasant financial situation we didn’t create or have any control over. Our only choice was to walk away.

We were grateful for a relative who agreed to let us stay with them temporarily. Thankfully, our stint was brief. When we finally located employment and a home, we were overly anxious to move. Unfortunately, we had no money to re-stock our kitchen. Condiments and staples are often taken for granted and are quite expensive. But God sent a couple our way who said, “We want to help you stock your pantry.”

I’ve experienced some lean times before, but my grocery shelf has never been depleted, my clothes closet has never been bare, and I’ve never slept without a roof over my head. These are needs God promises to meet. He keeps every promise forever. He gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry. The LORD frees the prisoners (Psalm 146:6-7 NLT).

Through praise, we thank God for the wants and needs he provides even though they are defined differently. We want “wants” but need “needs.” God often gives us the first but isn’t obligated to. An abundance of possessions can mean he’s favoring us or that our priorities are misplaced. Praising God reinforces our faith that he’ll provide what’s required to survive physically and accomplish his will. Along with physical requirements, God also pledges to supply our emotional and spiritual needs. By praising God, our emotional health is enhanced and our spiritual growth improved. Learn to praise God for all he’s given you, even if it’s not all you may want. What he gives will always be sufficient.

Prayer: Accept our praise, O Lord, for all You have provided for us. We acknowledge You as our ultimate Source.

2 comments:

  1. I love that His provision is always enough. The challenge is to:
    'Learn to praise God for all he’s given you, even if it’s not all you may want. What he gives will always be sufficient.'
    Good stuff! Thanks for the reminder that He is enough!
    I'm a new follower via A Pause on the Path and would love to invite you to visit!
    www.marywomantowoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I believe if we look around we can all be 'needs meeter'. I understand this story as my Cowboy and I have been in a similar situation. It is difficult. God provides when you least expect sometimes I think and in ways we never imagined.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Have a Blessed Friday,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete