Saturday, September 15, 2012

Making The World A Better Place by Martin Wiles

No authentic record of his birth exists. Of the seven children his mother birthed, only three survived. His mother’s death and his father’s alcoholism left him to care for his younger brothers when he was only a teenager.

Ludwig van Beethoven’s promising career seemed over when at 26 he began experiencing hearing loss. Other life struggles followed-some of which may have led to his untimely death at 56, but his contributions to the world of classical music are immeasurable. He remains one of the world’s most influential composers with a genre that includes 32 piano sonatas, 16 string quartets, 5 concertos for piano and 9 symphonies.

Paul wants believers to make the world a better place-but in a different way. I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people (I Timothy 2:1).

Prayer is a powerful exercise that aligns my plans with God’s. I make the world a better place by praying for all people, regardless of their residence, skin color, creed or social class. In a very general way, we’re all God’s children because our lives are held by his power. When I pray for them, their issues become my concern. God gives me a desire to assist them when I can and to love them in spite of what I might not like about their actions.

Praying for others also motivates me to take my concern a step farther. God wants everyone to understand and accept the truth of his love and forgiveness. Through prayer, God directs me to people in my circle of influence who I can share his love with. 

How can you make your world a better place?

Prayer: Lord Jesus, though our contributions may appear insignificant, remind us that when You’re behind them they’re powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment