Friday, June 22, 2012

Every Need Supplied by Martin Wiles

Six months and now they were leaving? What was I supposed to do?

I had temporarily moved in with my parents-a difficult adjustment after being out on your own for awhile. Our home was four miles from the nearest town with not a neighbor in site. All the quiet I could want, and now they were moving.

My prayers were answered when a gentleman allowed me to put a mobile home on his property. I was set-or so I thought. As I lay in bed one winter night, a large pine tree uprooted and fell squarely across my bedroom. When I finally woke up, I was face to face with a large intruder. Friends rescued me again, allowing me to stay with them while the mobile home was repaired. God supplied every need I had during my stay in that community.

Paul was equally confident God would meet his needs. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

I’ve experienced some episodes when I wondered whether God was going to come through; usually because my wants and needs were mixed up or because I was off track spiritually. Needs I must have for existence, but wants are well, wants.

We are more valuable than plants and animals. While God cares for them and exhibits his creative genius by their existence, his attention is always heavily focused on us. We are created in his image and designed to glorify him by our existence.

When we live out our life’s purpose he will meet every need we have according to his timetable. Trust God for every spiritual, emotional, physical and financial need you have.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, grow our faith so we’ll depend on You for every need.
Visit the Blessed and Be Blessed Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. What a testimony to God's goodness! So often I don't allow Him to work in my life... I plan & plan, wish & want.... and I need to stop and thank Him for how He had provided for me. No matter what happens I just need to TRUST GOD!

    ReplyDelete