Monday, February 27, 2012

Accepted Not Rejected

Rejection for any reason hurts.

Tech devices hadn’t made the scene, so we played Hide n Seek, cops and robbers, cowboys and Indians, dodge ball, football and baseball (in our yards), and put sheets over chairs for tents. Innocent activities keeping us active.

Even innocent games carry seeds of rejection. I wasn’t the fastest runner, best hitter or most popular student. I was overlooked when choosing captains for dodge ball. And when teams were picked, I was the last selected. But I didn’t grow up with an inferior complex; I just wished for more talents and popularity.

Nobody enjoys rejection. At some point I simply concluded God’s acceptance was enough. Other’s was a bonus. God rejects no one who comes in faith and delights in all who do: The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

I may never sit in a CEO’s chair, speak to thousands of eager listeners, make a million dollars, have perfect children, or own luxurious cars and a mansion, but I have everything when God receives me. His acceptance is based on forgiveness which results in purity. And he gladly forgives when asked. We become his children and friends. He enjoys our company and gets excited about the relationship.

Others may reject us over appearance, talents, race or social standing, but God loves his affiliation with us. Let God soothe any feelings of rejection with his acceptance.

Prayer: Merciful Lord, thank You for accepting us as we are. Period.
copyright 2012, Martin Wiles
Did you know you can receive these devotions in your email box? Simply type in your email address and click Submit. And if the devotion touched you, we ask that you share it with a friend.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful reminder. God really does accept me, all of me. And I also thank Him that He loves me so much to let me stay the same way year after year. He wants me to grow in Him! Thank you, Lord! Even though people may reject me, I'm safe in His arms. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nobody enjoys rejection. At some point I simply concluded God’s acceptance was enough. Other’s was a bonus."

    I love this!

    I have a loved one who is very sensitive to rejection and sees and feels it everywhere. Though she knows the Lord, she doesn't often remember that God's acceptance is enough. I think a lot of us are like that so those of us who are of the household of faith need to be as loving and gentle with one another as we would want others to be to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful that God accepts me, as is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! He accepts me - He picked me - and somehow when God picks us - nobody's last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful concept. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. Oh I struggle with rejection and take it way too personally! What a great reminder that I am loved by God and He IS enough!!! It was a blessing to find you through the Missional Women link-up!

    ReplyDelete