Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Love Doesn't Straddle

Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. (NLT)

I encountered many fences while exploring my grandfather’s farm. They were necessary to keep hogs in and to separate his farm from neighboring farms. Some I climbed and others I went under-usually those with barbed wire strands. One thing I learned is I couldn’t straddle them. I either avoided them or went over them but I couldn’t sit on them. They weren’t sturdy enough nor were they comfortable. On one side of the fence I was on my grandfather’s land while on the other I was trespassing. Our life choices are only two-following Jesus or replacements. If not for him, we are against him. When not supporting his cause we are enforcing our own. Jesus wants followers with undivided loyalty. Choose to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment