Friday, February 9, 2018

Flashback Friday - Good Grief - Martin Wiles

Good Grief

I weep with grief; encourage me by your word. Psalm 119:28 NLT

I remember it as the one time in my life when I openly grieved. I don’t come from a crying family. If we shed tears, we did so in private…and then only for brief episodes. But for me, grieving changed when my father died. I thought I was handling it well as I watched him die in an Atlanta hospital. I even kept my composure when we went to the funeral home to view his body prior to the funeral. But during the funeral—as songs were played that my father loved, I lost my composure. As hard as I tried, I couldn’t hold back the tears or even the open weeping. This grief was different, but it was good. It helped me process my loss. Read more...

Tweetable: Don't let grief get the best of you. 


Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment