Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Throwback Tuesday - Martin Wiles

Blinded To See

I wasn’t excited about going, but I had no choice.

Hiding the fact you can’t see isn’t easy for a young boy. Contacts and laser surgery weren’t an option for me in the 1960’s. Glasses were. Having friends who had glasses, I knew what was in store-being called “four eyes.” Wearing glasses just wasn’t masculine.

I suppose coming to within six feet of the chalkboard so I could see what the teacher was writing gave my blindness away. She called my parents, and I was given a Mom version sight test and then ushered to the optometrist. I had to admit blindness before receiving help. Read more...


______________________________

Martin N Michelle
Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines. Share this devotion with a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment