Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Throwback Tuesday - Martin Wiles

One Stitch At A Time

She was a marvel to observe, and you never knew what she would make next. 

My great grandmother was a master crocheter. She would sit for hours with needle and thread, seemingly content to labor tirelessly on her projects. But nothing began until the yarn was rolled into a ball. This is where I came in. I held the mass of string firmly while she pulled and rolled. This prohibited tangles while crocheting. Then she carefully placed the rolled yarn in a cloth bag so it wouldn’t escape when she stitched. 

I never saw my great grandmother use a pattern; I suppose they were ingrained in her mind. Her motions seemed repetitive: pull a little slack, make a few stitches and then repeat the process. Read more...

______________________________

Martin N Michelle
Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment