Friday, July 18, 2014

Flashback Friday by Martin Wiles

WELCOME TO FLASHBACK FRIDAY...BECAUSE WE BELIEVE EVERY DEVOTION DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE. 

Accepted Not Rejected

Rejection for any reason hurts. 

Tech devices hadn’t made the scene, so we played Hide n Seek, cops and robbers, cowboys and Indians, dodge ball, football and baseball (in our yards), and put sheets over chairs for tents. Innocent activities keeping us active. 
Even innocent games carry seeds of rejection. I wasn’t the fastest runner, best hitter or most popular student. I was overlooked when choosing captains for dodge ball. And when teams were picked, I was the last selected. But I didn’t grow up with an inferior complex; I just wished for more talents and popularity. Read more...

Enter to win a free copy of my newest book, Grits & Grace & God. Visit the following link and sign up: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/99040-grace-grits-god-manna-from-heaven-served-up-southern-style


No comments:

Post a Comment