Monday, January 9, 2012

Who Cares?

Matthew 10:29 But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. (NLT)

With over six billion people in the world, feeling significant is challenging. Who really cares where I work or attend church? Or about my family-where they live and their genealogical roots? Does it matter to anyone whether I meet my monthly obligations, need assistance, or even have a place to sleep? Would anyone notice if I lost everything, lived on the street and was unsure where my next meal would come from? Or if a parent could no longer care for themselves, a spouse was unfaithful or a child died tragically in an accident? Comparatively, sparrows are worth little and there are plenty to go around, yet Jesus maintains God knows when one falls to the ground and dies. And he does-literally. But the meaning is deeper. God cares for us personally and about every detail in our life. He wants to be involved and will be at our invitation. So who cares? Even if it’s no one else, it’s always God.

God is never more than a prayer away.

3 comments:

  1. Good message of encouragement and truth, Martin. Thanks! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message! Thank you for sharing.

    I wanted to thank you as well for stopping by and linking up withe Get Wired Blog Hop. I am following you and look forward to your posts.

    Have a great day!

    Vickie
    http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my all time favorite verses...I rely on this !! I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete