Friday, July 15, 2011

Love Tests

(photo courtesy of christianphotos.net)
     James 1:2-3 Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. (HCSB)
 

     I was never fond of tests in school, especially pop quizzes. Inevitably, the teacher would ask one question I had not considered. With only five questions, I automatically scored a “B.” Nor did I appreciate discussion questions. The answers were too subjective which left room to lose points. And the tests haven’t stopped since graduation. They’re still coming even though I’ve now lived more than half my life. Tests at school were designed to examine my knowledge but God sends tests to help me analyze my faith. Will I trust that he knows what he’s doing? Do I depend on him to have my best interests at heart? Will I let him grow my faith even if it hurts? Choose to be happy when God sends the love tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment