Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Love God’s Body

(photo courtesy of christianphotos.net)
     1 Corinthians 6:19-20 19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. (NIV)
     I confess. I’ve not always loved my body. Once it was too skinny and now it’s too fluffy. As a teenager I tried to put weight on but at mid life I’m interested in taking some off. I’ve learned, however, my outward appearance is not nearly as important as the inner. My body houses God’s Spirit meaning God lives in me. I take him everywhere. Because God loves me, he will never leave me alone nor force me to face circumstances by myself unless I choose to. God loves us enough to live within us. Let’s love him enough to honor him with our actions, attitudes and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment