Friday, July 29, 2011

Love Brings Hope

Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (NLT)

I’ve hoped for many things during my life. I haven’t keep a running total, so I’m not sure whether I’ve gotten more or less than I hoped for. Right now I’m hoping for an IPad, but so far it hasn’t appeared. I see preachers using them instead of notes, so I think I could justify having one. It would save paper, ink cartridges and printers. And this would be good for the environment. So I hope. Most of my hopes were and are fanciful dreams, but biblical hope is different. Hope for believers is confident assurance that what God has promised will happen. Not maybe so’s but for sure’s. Prayer works, the Bible is true, heaven is real (so is hell), obedience is best and forgiveness is possible through Christ. God sends his love in the form of realities not remote possibilities. The hymn writer was wise when he penned: “My hope is built on nothing less Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.”

1 comment: