Friday, July 8, 2011

God’s Love Sleep

    
     Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe. (NLT)
    

     Ever have trouble sleeping? I do. Sometimes it’s because I’m excited or anxious about the following day’s affairs. Or maybe a pain wakes me up, and I begin worrying that I’m about to have a medical emergency. I’ve never tried counting sheep, but I’ve been known to recite bible verses, and this is one of my favorites. In the middle of a field-with no fences, dogs, electric lights or other humans to help him ward off the enemies of his sheep, the psalmist slept in peace. How? He was confident God would keep him and his sheep safe. When the boogie men of night frighten you, remember you can sleep in peace because God is watching over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment